Kids’ Sunday Club
Our 10 am hour will be using Sparkhouse curriculum: Preschoolers – Whirl, K – 2nd grade – Holy Moly and 3rd – 5th grade – Connect. This curriculum has online family resources available to you at no charge. Please email Wendy Hicks (firstname.lastname@example.org) for registration information.
SCPC partners with Right Now Media to provide quality children and family resources online.
This membership includes all of SCPC’s church family.
Please email Wendy Hicks (email@example.com) for registration information.
Seasonal Stuff for Families and Kids
- Lent activities for the whole family – Click Here
- Walk Through Advent with Kids Using Advent Calendar Scriptures – Click Here
- Kids Easter Devotional Guide – Click Here
Websites that Might Help You
- rightnowmedia.org – lots of resources for kids and families. Please contact Wendy Hicks in the church office for FREE membership information.
- commonsensemedia.org – “Ever wish your kid could unwatch something? We’ve all been there. That’s why we’re here. Welcome to Common Sense Media. If you’ve got kids, you know how much today’s media and tech can affect them. We’ll give you the scoop on the latest entertainment and tech so YOU can decide what’s right for YOUR kid. As an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, we’re here for you.”
- freestoriesforkids.com – short stories with values
- Audacese.com – quality iPad Bible storybooks for children, updated for a new generation. FREE sample available of David & Goliath.
- Owlegories.com – Owlegories is an animated series that follows a group of student owls as they travel on adventures learning about nature, faith, and God!
Apps that You and Your Family Might Like
- prayernotebookapp.com – Always have your prayer requests with you. Set reminders, schedule your prayers, email or SMS people you’re praying for, all from your iPhone or iPad.
Parenting Books Recommendations
- Confident Parenting by Jim Burns
- Parenting Beyond Your Capacity by Carey Nieuwhoff and Reggie Joiner
- 3 Big Questions for a Frantic Family by Patrick Lencioni
- Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel
- 5 Love Languages of Children by Dr. Gary Chapman
- Visionary Parenting by Dr. Rob Rienow
- Bringing Up Boys & Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson
- The Legacy Path by Brian Haynes